If you are in a car accident, it is essential to know what to do. Many people make the mistake of trying to handle everything independently after an accident. This can lead to mistakes being made and can hurt your case down the road.
That is why it is essential to have a Cleveland car accident lawyer on your side. They will help guide you through the process and ensure you get the best possible outcome for your case. Please continue reading as we cover some important information about car accidents in Cleveland and how a car accident lawyer can help you.
What Are The Most Prevalent Causes Of Car Accidents In Cleaveland?
- Speeding: Speeding is one of Cleveland’s most common causes of accidents. It is also one of the leading causes of fatal accidents. Most people know speeding is dangerous, but many do it anyway.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving includes tailgating, weaving in and out of traffic, and cutting people off. Reckless driving is dangerous and can easily lead to an accident.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol: Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol increases the chances of being in an accident significantly. As per car accident law, this is why it is illegal in most states, including Cleaveland.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving includes anything that takes your attention away from the road. This can be things like talking on the phone, texting, eating, or even changing the radio station.
- Failing to yield the right of way: When two vehicles arrive at an intersection simultaneously, the driver on the right has the right of way. However, many drivers fail to yield, and this can cause an accident.
- Running red lights or stop signs: Running a red light or stop sign is not only illegal, but it is also hazardous. This is because it can easily lead to a T-bone-style accident. This is where one car hits another in the side.
What Are Some Common Injuries That Occur In Car Accidents?
Many different injuries can occur in a car accident. Some of the more common injuries include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a widespread injury that occurs in rear-end collisions. It is caused by the sudden jerking of the head and neck and can lead to pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Broken bones: Broken bones are also quite common. They can occur when you are hit by another vehicle or hit something hard during an accident.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding is caused by the impact force and can lead to organ damage or even death if not treated immediately.
- Bruising: Bruising can occur from the seat belt, airbag, or hitting something during the accident.
- Brain Injuries: Brain injuries are some of the most severe injuries that can occur in an accident. They can lead to long-term problems or even death.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder: PTSD is a condition that can develop after a traumatic event such as a car accident. Symptoms include flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety, and depression.
What Should You Do If You Are In A Car Accident?
If you are in a car accident, there are some important things that you should do:
- Call the police: The first thing you should do is call the police. They will file a report, which can be used as evidence in your case.
- Get medical help: If you are injured, it is vital to get medical help. Even if you don’t think you are injured, it is still a good idea to get checked out by a doctor.
- Exchange information: You should exchange information with the other driver. This includes your name, address, phone number, and insurance information.
- Take pictures: If you have a camera or a smartphone, you should take photos of the accident scene. This can be used as evidence in your case.
- Get witness information: If there are any witnesses to the accident, you should get their names and contact information. They may be able to help your case.
- Call a car accident attorney, Cleveland: One of the most important things that you can do is call a Cleveland car accident attorney. They will be able to help you with the legal process and make sure that you get the best possible outcome for your case.
If you follow these steps, you will be in a much better position to receive compensation for your injuries and damages.
Why Do You Need To Hire An Attorney Following A Car Accident?
There are many reasons why you should hire the best car accident lawyer, Cleveland, following a car accident. These include:
- They know how to deal with insurance companies: Insurance companies are not on your side. They will try to minimize the amount of money they have to pay. An attorney knows how to deal with them and will fight to receive the compensation you deserve.
- They can help you get the evidence you need: In many cases, an attorney can get proof you would not be able to get on your own. These can be police reports, witness statements, and accident reconstruction.
- They will fight for you: If you have been in a car accident, it is vital to hire an auto accident attorney, Cleveland. An auto accident lawyer Cleveland, can help you with the legal process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Contact Us Today!
Hiring a car wreck lawyer, Cleveland following a car accident is one of the best things you can do. They will be able to help you in many ways and increase your chances of receiving the compensation that you deserve. If you have been in a car accident, contact us today.
At Pro Accident Lawyers, we have experienced attorneys ready to help you with your case. We will guide you through this challenging time and ensure you get the best possible outcome for your case. Call us today at 561-376-8073 for a free consultation.