Have you recently been involved in a car accident? Unfortunately, these incidents occur every single day in the United States. Our nation is host to over 328 million people, a number that believe it or not, has a profound impact on the likelihood of a car accident from happening. This situation has become alarming because the likelihood of suffering a road traffic accident is tied to the number of vehicles on the road.
Car accidents also affect a large number of pedestrians in the United States. According to the National Center of Health Statistics (NCHS), 7,668 pedestrians lost their lives in road traffic accidents in 2019.
Some of the most car accident injuries include head trauma, bone fractures, tears in soft tissues, limb damage, and even death. Needless to say, these injuries will surely prevent you from completing your day-to-day obligations. In addition, you may also be forced to stay at the hospital while recuperating from these injuries.
Sadly, your bodily damage may not be your only concern. Missing work days will surely affect your pockets. Furthermore, medical attention can be quite expensive in our nation. So, if you do possess the services of a reputable insurer, paying your medical bills will truly become a difficult feat to complete.
Equal to any other personal injury incident, car accidents are often caused by someone else’s lack of responsibility. This means that you’ve been the victim of a negligent action decision and that there was a clear breach of duty from the driver at the time of the accident.
In case you didn’t know, a driver’s code of duty states they must always operate their motorized vehicle in a safe and responsible manner. These are other motor vehicle drivers, bicycle riders, and pedestrians. If an individual breached this duty of care, he or she will be held liable for any damage caused to victims.
Proving liability in an automobile accident case is a must. By doing so, you can obtain monetary compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial damages. This award will help you alleviate your distress, pay your medical bills, and cover your losses. However, achieving compensation is not as easy as it seems. Firstly, you must file a car accident injury claim.
Additionally, as we mentioned before, you need to prove that your damages were produced by someone else. Be advised that the party at-fault’s insurers may deny fault in order to not compensate you. Insurance companies have been notorious for undermining victims’ claims in order to save a few dollars for themselves.
We know that this situation sounds horrendous. Nonetheless, we are here to tell you that there is a solution. All you need to do is hire a car accident lawyer. These injury attorneys will help you file your claim, as well as prove that the incident was caused by someone else. So, please follow along with us as we’ll discuss crucial information on car accident laws and the benefits of seeking the services of an injury attorney when filing a car accident injury claim.
The Most Common Causes of Car Accidents
- Speeding is one of the leading causes of road traffic accidents. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), speeding is a leading contributor to serious car accident and grave injuries
- Driving under the influence of alcohol and other illegal substances also increases the probability of being involved in a car crash. Alcohol and narcotics usually interfere with drivers’ reactions. As a result, they may drive recklessly and endanger others.
- Individuals who text and drive are nearly four times more likely to suffer a car accident than someone who doesn’t. When drivers use their mobile phones, their reactions and concentration will be affected. Things like improperly braking, missing stop signs, and driving in the incorrect lane or all examples of distractions.
What to Do After Being Involved in an Automobile Accident
- Regardless of the severity of your injuries, it is vital to request immediate medical attention for you and anybody else inside of your vehicle. Why? Because several injuries may not be noticeable right after the collision. Some ailments can truly manifest themselves days after the accident.
- If you are able to, move to the side of the road or a sidewalk. Nonetheless, it is important to stay put at the accident scene until the local authorities arrive.
- Call the authorities. Remember to provide them a clear statement of the car accident. They will file a police report, which can be a valuable piece of evidence for your claim if you decide to file it with your insurer.
- Seek evidence of the accident. It is recommended to take photographs of your injuries and damage to your vehicle. Request a copy of the police report and seek eyewitnesses.
- It is important to exchange contact information with other people involved in the car accident. Make sure you get their full name, cell phone number, insurance company, policy number, driver’s license, license plate number, type of vehicle, and location of the accident.
- As we mentioned before, these legalities require the expertise of an expert. That is why you should not hesitate in contacting a car accident attorney.
Legal Standards of Car Accidents in the United States
Car accident law determines who is responsible for the personal and property damages resulting from a motor vehicle crash. These cases are governed almost completely by state law. In every state of our country, victims must prove the same basic four elements in order to get compensated. These are:
- Duty: Drivers must comply with traffic laws in order to keep themselves and others safe on the road.
- Breach of Obligation: Victims must prove that the other party breached their duty of care of other drivers.
- Causation of Fault: Victims must prove that their injuries were provoked in the accident.
- Harm: Individuals must demonstrate that the accident caused them any kind of damage. The court may surely deny “near miss” claims.
There are also a set of laws that must be complied with in order to obtain your car accident settlement.
Statute of Limitations: This is the time limit that personal injury accident victims have to file their claim. This deadline often varies depending on the state that you live in. For example, in Florida, it is four years. However, victims are given three years to file their claim in Georgia.
Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney in The United States
- Car accident lawyers understand both federal and state laws. They also comprehend the legal framework of the mandates that must be complied with when driving behind the wheel.
- Insurance companies need to generate their income in order to continue operating. Their adjusters have been trained to whatever possible to undermine your claim in hopes of not properly compensating you.
- There is nothing more overwhelming than being injured and having to attend meetings with other parties involved in the accident. However, a car accident lawyer can attend those meetings on your behalf and express your interests.
- Filing a car accident claim can be extremely difficult due to the specialized verbiage that is written within the documents. You must also make sure that your personal injury claim complies with state laws. For that reason, a car accident attorney will help you to properly file your claim and guide you thorough the legal verbiage within those documents.
- As we mentioned before, gathering evidence is vital in order to attain compensation. A car accident attorney can seek this evidence and present them to the court.
- Several automobile accident lawyers work on contingency fees. These are a percentage of the recovered damages by the victim. You must know that these accident attorneys will not cost you a single penny if your case is not settled.
Get Compensated Right Away!
We thank you for taking your time in reading this information. We are the law offices of Pro Accident Lawyers. We have the best injury attorneys in the country! We hope that by reading our article, you’ll feel confident in hiring a car accident lawyer to attain the compensation you’re owed.
These highly-skilled professionals help you file your car accident injury claim, and prove that you are not to blame for the incident. Do not hesitate in contacting us at (954)-519-7614.