If you’ve been in a car accident, you already know how stressful and traumatic it can be. Not only will you have to deal with the aftermath of the accident itself, but you also have to worry about insurance claims, repairing your car, and any other medical bills that may come up. That is where a car accident lawyer comes in in order to correctly assist you.
An experienced car accident compensation lawyer will guide you through the legal process and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. They can help take some of the stress off of your shoulders by controlling with the legal aspects of your personal injury case. Please continue reading as we discuss why you need a vehicle accident lawyer and what they can do for you, as well as some mistakes to avoid following a car accident.
What Can A Car Accident Attorney Do For You Following An Accident?
Most people understand that if they are involved in a car accident, they should see a doctor as soon as possible. However, many people don’t realize that they should also contact a car accident attorney. These are the following ways that a car accident attorney can get to work:
- They help you receive compensation for your injuries: If you were involved in a serious accident, you may be facing expensive medical bills and lost wages from being unable to work alongside other expenses. A Miami accident lawyer will fight for you to obtain the compensation that you deserve.
- They investigate the accident: In some cases, it may not be clear who was at fault for the accident. A car accident attorney will investigate the accident and gather evidence to help prove who was at fault. This can be an important asset if you are trying to receive a well deserved compensation from the other driver’s insurance company.
- They negotiate with the insurance companies: If you are unable to reach an agreement with the insurance company on your own, a car accident attorney will help you negotiate a fair settlement. Insurance companies often try to low-ball victims of car accidents, but an experienced car accident attorney will know how to get you the compensation that needs to be met.
- They guide you through the legal process: The legal process following a car accident can be confusing and overwhelming. A car accident attorney will guide you through the process and make sure that all the necessary paperwork is filed in a timely manner. They will also keep you updated on the status of your case and answer any questions that you may have regarding your case.
- Provide peace of mind: After an accident, you have enough to worry about without having to deal with the legal process on top that stress. However, by hiring a car accident attorney will allow you to focus on your recovery while they handle the legal details.
Which Mistakes Should You Avoid After An Auto Accident?
- Not seeking medical treatment immediately: You should always seek medical treatment after an accident, even if you feel fine. Oftentimes, car accident injuries do not immediately manifest . A delay in seeking treatment can negatively impact your health and ultimately your personal injury claim.
- Failing to document the accident: It is important to document the accident while the details are still fresh in your mind. Be sure to get the contact information of any witnesses, and keep a record of all medical treatment related to the accident.
- Failing to take photographs of the accident scene: If you have a camera phone, be sure to take pictures of the accident scene.This would include any damage to the vehicles and any visible physical injuries.
- Admitting fault: Even if you think that you may have been at fault for the accident, you should not say so to anyone. Admitting fault can be used against you in a personal injury claim. It is best to let your attorney handle all communication with the insurance companies.
- Accepting a quick settlement from the insurance company: The insurance company may offer you a quick settlement after an accident, but this is almost always in their best interest, not yours. It is important to consult with a motorvehicle collision accident attorney before accepting any settlement offer.
- Failing to consult with a personal injury attorney: An experienced personal injury attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process and ensure that you receive the full compensation you are entitled to. This is especially true if the other driver was at fault and their insurance company is offering you a settlement. It’s important to have an attorney on your side who can help you determine if the offer is fair and in your best interest.
Contact A Jacksonville Accident Attorney Today!
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the experienced personal injury lawyers at Pro Accident Lawyers. We will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. Call us today for car accident attorney free consultation. You can reach us at 561-376-8073.