Hillsboro Personal Injury Lawyer
Accidents can have a life-altering impact, leaving you struggling with physical, emotional, and financial burdens. If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence in Hillsboro, you don’t have to face these challenges alone. The experienced Hillsboro personal injury lawyers at Pro Accident Lawyers are determined to hold the negligent parties accountable and help you recover the highest possible financial compensation you are entitled to.
What Is the Law of Personal Injuries?
Personal injury law refers to the legal framework that governs situations in which individuals suffer physical, emotional, or financial harm due to the negligent or wrongful actions of others. This area of law allows injured parties (plaintiffs) to obtain compensation from those responsible (defendants) for their injuries and losses.
You should consult with an experienced personal injury attorney at Pro Accident Lawyers if you find yourself injured due to another person’s negligence.
When Should You Hire a Hillsboro Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a Hillsboro personal injury lawyer is a good idea in several situations, including :
- Severe Injuries: If you have sustained severe injuries with significant medical expenses, a personal injury attorney can help you pursue the full compensation you need.
- Complex Liability: When multiple parties are involved or liability is disputed, a personal injury attorney can use their legal knowledge and experience to determine fault.
- Insurance Disputes: If you encounter difficulties with insurance companies, including low settlement offers or denied claims, an attorney can negotiate on your behalf.
- Long-Term or Permanent Disabilities: If your injuries result in long-term or permanent disabilities, our attorneys can accurately assess future medical and financial needs.
- Evidence Gathering: Top-rated Hillsboro personal injury attorneys have the resources to collect evidence, interview witnesses, and consult experts to strengthen your case.
- Statute of Limitations: To ensure you don’t miss the statute of limitations deadline for filing a personal injury claim, consult an attorney promptly.
- Maximizing Compensation: A lawyer can assess the full extent of your damages, including non-economic losses like pain and suffering, to recover maximum compensation.
Consulting a Hillsboro, OR, personal injury lawyer can help you understand your rights and options, ensuring you make informed decisions while pursuing compensation for your injuries and losses.
About Our Law Firm
Pro Accident Lawyers is a family-operated law firm practicing out of Hillsboro, OR, and other locations. Our legacy is built on a solid foundation of unparalleled dedication to our clients across Oregon, Ohio, and Florida. We are recognized for our commitment to helping clients obtain maximum compensation in their personal injury lawsuits.
With decades of combined experience, our seasoned personal injury attorneys will tirelessly champion your rights, working to obtain the monetary compensation you are rightfully entitled to. To us, you’re more than a case number. We’ll do everything possible to help you hold the at-fault party responsible and obtain your rightful damages.
Types of Cases We Handle
Our Hillsboro personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in a wide range of practice areas, including:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip and Fall Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
How Do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Determining if you have a personal injury claim involves assessing the circumstances of your situation. These are a few key factors to consider:
- Consult an Attorney: To assess the viability of your claim, consult with a personal injury attorney. They can evaluate your situation, guide you on the legal process, and help you decide whether pursuing a claim is in your best interest.
- Injury or Harm: You must have suffered actual harm. This could include injuries from accidents, emotional distress, or financial losses due to someone else’s actions.
- Negligence or Wrongdoing: To have a valid claim, someone else’s negligence or wrongful action must be the cause of your injuries. Negligence refers to a failure to exercise reasonable care, resulting in harm.
- Duty of Care: The responsible party must have owed you a duty of care. For example, drivers have a duty to operate their vehicles safely, property owners have a duty to maintain safe premises, and healthcare providers have a duty to provide proper care.
- Breach of Duty: Your attorney will need to show that the defendant breached their duty of care. This means they did not act as a reasonable person would under similar circumstances.
- Causation: There must be a direct link between the defendant’s breach of duty and your injuries. Our experienced lawyers will be able to demonstrate that their actions were the proximate cause of your harm.
- Damages: You should have documented damages, including medical bills, lost wages, property damage, or non-economic losses like pain and suffering.
Be aware of the time limit for filing a claim (statute of limitations), which varies by state and the type of case. In Oregon, for instance, it is typically two years for personal injury cases.
Is It Worth Getting a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can be beneficial in many cases. Here are some reasons why it is often worth getting a personal injury lawyer:
- Legal Knowledge: Personal injury law is complex, and an attorney has the legal knowledge and experience to tackle it effectively.
- Maximizing Compensation: Lawyers can assess the full extent of your damages, including hidden costs, and work to ensure the maximum compensation.
- Negotiation Skills: The attorneys at Pro Accident Lawyers are skilled negotiators who can engage with insurance companies and the opposing party to ensure a fair settlement.
- Evidence Gathering: Our lawyers have the resources to gather evidence, interview witnesses, and consult experts to build a strong case.
- Legal Strategy: An attorney can develop a legal strategy customized to your case, increasing the likelihood of a favorable outcome.
- Reducing Stress: Dealing with the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming. An attorney can handle legal matters, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
- Statute of Limitations: Lawyers ensure your claim is filed within the statute of limitations, preventing you from missing the deadline.
- Trial Representation: If negotiations fail, an attorney is prepared to take your case to trial and advocate for you in court.
Damages Available in a Personal Injury Case
In a personal injury case, various damages may be available to compensate the injured party for their losses. These damages can be categorized into two main groups:
Special Damages (Economic Damages)
These are damages with a specific monetary value and can include:
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Property Damage
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses
General Damages (Non-Economic Damages)
These damages are less tangible and more subjective. They include:
- Emotional Distress
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Loss of Consortium
In rare cases, punitive damages may be awarded. These are intended to punish the at-fault party for especially reckless or intentional misconduct, rather than compensate the injured party. They are not typically available in all personal injury cases.
Getting Compensation for Your Injuries
When you have been injured, obtaining compensation is important to cover medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. To deal with this challenging process effectively, hiring an attorney is a smart move. They can assess your case, gather evidence, and calculate damages accurately, ensuring you receive maximum compensation.
An attorney’s negotiation skills are vital when dealing with insurance companies, as they will work diligently to obtain a fair settlement that addresses your immediate and future needs. They can advise against accepting early offers that might fall short of covering long-term costs.
In the rare event that a fair settlement can’t be reached, your attorney will be prepared to take your case to trial. Their knowledge in presenting your case persuasively in court, backed by evidence, can make a significant difference in the outcome.
Our Capable and Resourceful Personal Injury Lawyers are Ready to Fight for You
If you or a loved one was injured because of someone else’s negligence, speak with the experienced Hillsboro personal injury attorneys at Pro Accident Lawyers. Our lawyers have the necessary legal knowledge, resources, and tenacity to obtain the compensation you need to move forward with your life. To schedule your free consultation, call 503-858-9048 or reach us online.