Personal Injury Attorneys In Portland
Review My Case for Free
Best Law Firm & Attorney
We Are Committed To Getting The Best Results, As Quickly As Possible.
Years of experience
Portland Personal Injury Lawyers
Personal injuries are not only painful but they can be a major inconvenience to your livelihood. After suffering from a personal injury, you may be stuck with multiple losses that drain you financially. For example, your medical bills can skyrocket, burdening you and your family.
When another party is liable for your damages, it is time to talk to Portland personal injury attorneys. They can stand up for your rights and make sure you get compensated for your losses.
Get the help you need as soon as you were injured at no fault of your own. To speak to a personal injury attorney today, contact Pro Accident Lawyers now for a free consultation.
Cases We Handle
As a diligent personal injury law firm, we handle many types of personal injury cases that are the result of negligence. This includes the following:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: After getting hurt on another’s premises at no fault of your own, you can get stuck with high medical bills. The negligent property owner should pay compensation.
- Bicycle Accidents: Careless drivers can hit you when you least expect it. Attorneys can review your case and hold the other party liable.
- Car Accidents: Getting into a car accident can put your life in danger and leave you with multiple forms of damages. Your attorney can help you recover these high expenses.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Some of the worst injuries can occur due to a bad motorcycle accident. Work with an attorney to get fair compensation.
- Pedestrian Accidents: When a pedestrian gets hit, they are typically not at fault. The driver can be held liable if they were negligent in some way.
- Truck Accidents: Commercial drivers sometimes make mistakes on long-distance commutes. You can get an attorney behind you to negotiate with their company’s insurer.
Do I Need to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer can be beneficial based on the circumstances of your case. Below are some reasons why you may want to hire an attorney:
- Improved Odds of Winning: Hiring a personal injury lawyer can significantly increase your chances of winning your case. An experienced lawyer knows how to build a strong case, negotiate with insurance companies, and present a compelling argument in court if necessary.
- Maximizing Compensation: A personal injury lawyer can help you get the maximum compensation you deserve for your injuries and losses. They can evaluate the value of your claim and work to negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company or fight for your rights in court.
- Reducing Stress and Burden: Dealing with the aftermath of an injury can be stressful. A personal injury lawyer can take on much of the legal burden for you, allowing you to focus on your recovery and well-being.
- Access to Resources: A personal injury lawyer typically has access to resources that you may not have on your own, such as medical experts and investigators. These resources can be critical in building a strong case and ensuring that you receive the compensation you deserve.
What If I Can’t Afford a Lawyer for a Personal Injury Case?
Affordability isn’t a problem. Our law firm works on a contingency-fee-basis. This means that you don’t have to pay us unless we win your case. You would pay us a percentage of your settlement after we’ve successfully won.
What Are Some Tips to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a personal injury attorney requires a little digging. Here are some tips for hiring a personal injury lawyer:
Research and Compare
It is essential to research and compare different personal injury lawyers to find the best one for your case. Look for lawyers who have experience with cases similar to yours, and read reviews and testimonials from their previous clients.
Check Qualifications and Credentials
Make sure that the lawyer you hire has the necessary qualifications and credentials to handle your case. Check their education, licensing, and certifications to ensure they are qualified to practice law in your state.
A good personal injury lawyer should have excellent communication skills and be able to explain legal concepts clearly and concisely. They should also be responsive to your questions and concerns and keep you informed throughout the process.
While most personal injury cases are settled out of court, it is important to hire an attorney with trial or settlement negotiation experience if your case goes to court. An attorney with trial experience can build a stronger case and negotiate a better settlement.
Trust and Comfort
You should feel comfortable and trust your lawyer to handle your case. A good personal injury lawyer should listen to your concerns and be empathetic to your situation.
Many personal injury lawyers work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that they only get paid if you win your case. Make sure you understand the lawyer’s fee structure before hiring them.
What Are the Qualities I Should Look for in a Personal Injury Attorney?
Some good qualities a personal injury lawyer should have include:
- Availability and Responsiveness: A good personal injury lawyer should be available to answer your questions and concerns and be responsive to your needs.
- Communication Skills: A quality attorney should have excellent communication skills and be able to explain legal concepts clearly and concisely.
- Empathy and Compassion: The right lawyer should be empathetic and compassionate towards your situation and work to understand your needs and goals.
- Trustworthiness: A good personal injury lawyer should be trustworthy and transparent with you about the progress of your case and their strategy for winning it.
- Experience and Expertise: A personal injury lawyer should have experience and expertise in handling similar cases to yours.
What Should I Expect From My Personal Injury Lawyer?
Once your attorney takes on your case, they will begin working towards proving how the other party is at fault for your damages. These are a few parts of the process you can expect:
- Initial Consultation: The law firm should provide a free initial consultation to assess the client’s case and determine if they have a viable claim for compensation.
- Investigate Your Case: A good personal injury lawyer should investigate your case thoroughly to gather evidence and build a strong case. They do this to gather evidence to support your claim.
- Medical Evaluation: Your law firm may work with medical professionals to evaluate the extent of your injuries and determine the necessary medical treatment and long-term care.
- Negotiate with Insurance Companies: Your personal injury lawyer will work to negotiate a fair settlement for the client, taking into account their medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Prepare For Trial and Represent You: Attorneys need to prepare your case for trial if a settlement cannot be reached. If your case goes to trial, a good personal injury lawyer can represent you in court and present a strong case on your behalf.
About Our Law Firm
Our law firm offers a wide range of legal services, including advice, representation, and advocacy in legal matters such as motor vehicle accidents and personal injury. We provide full services to help support you through this difficult time. Our team consists of lawyers, legal assistants, and administrative staff who work together to provide legal services to you.
Pro Accident Lawyers’ ultimate goal is to provide effective legal solutions to our clients while upholding the principles of justice and ethical standards.
When Should I Hire a Personal Injury and Accident Attorney in Portland, OR?
You should consider hiring a personal injury and accident attorney if you have been involved in an accident that has resulted in physical or emotional harm, financial losses, or property damage. Here are some good examples of when you should consider hiring a personal injury and accident attorney:
If you have been involved in a car accident, an attorney can help you deal with the insurance companies and negotiate a fair settlement. They can also help you navigate any legal proceedings that may arise as a result of the accident.
If you have been harmed as a result of medical malpractice, an attorney can help you pursue compensation for any damages you have suffered. This may include medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Slip and Fall Accidents
If you have been injured in a slip-and-fall accident, an attorney can help you pursue a settlement from the property owner or business responsible for the conditions that caused the accident.
If you have been injured as a result of a defective product, an attorney can help you pursue settlement money from the manufacturer or distributor of the product.
If you have been injured on the job, an attorney can help you pursue workers’ compensation benefits and any additional compensation you may be entitled to.
Damages Available in Personal Injury Claims
The compensation you receive is entirely based on the type of damages that you incurred. Damages you can receive after your accident include the following:
You can receive a settlement for medical bills and expenses related to the injury, including hospitalization, surgery, medication, and rehabilitation.
The other party can pay you compensation for wages or income lost as a result of the injury, including time off work for medical treatment and recovery.
Pain and Suffering
You can receive compensation for physical and emotional pain, as well as loss of enjoyment of life and other non-economic damages.
When you suffer from damage to personal property as a result of the injury, such as damage to a vehicle in a car accident, you can receive a settlement for the repair or replacement of the damaged property.
In cases where the defendant’s behavior was particularly egregious or intentional, punitive damages may be awarded to punish the defendant and deter similar behavior in the future. This can only happen if your case goes to court, so don’t expect these damages to be part of settlement negotiations.
Wrongful Death Damages
If there was an injury that resulted in the death of the victim, damages may be awarded to compensate surviving family members for their loss. This can include funeral expenses, lost income, and emotional distress.
What to Do After Any Accident
After you’ve been in any kind of personal injury accident, you can take the following steps:
Seek Medical Attention
The first priority is to seek medical attention, even if you feel okay. Some injuries, such as concussions or whiplash, may not be immediately apparent but can have serious long-term consequences.
Report the Accident
If the accident occurred in a public place or on someone else’s property, report it to the appropriate authorities, such as the store manager or property owner.
Document the Accident
Take photos of the scene of the accident, including any hazards or conditions that contributed to your injury. Also, collect contact information from any witnesses who saw the accident happen.
Preserve any physical evidence, such as torn clothing or damaged property, that may support your claim.
Do Not Speak to Insurance Adjusters
Avoid speaking to insurance adjusters without first consulting an attorney. Insurance adjusters are trained to minimize the amount of compensation they pay out, and anything you say to them could be used against you.
Keep Records of Your Expenses
Keep track of all medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses related to the accident. This will be important in calculating the amount of compensation you may be entitled to.
Time Limit on Personal Injury Claims
In Oregon, the time limit on personal injury lawsuits is generally two years from the date of the injury or accident, as outlined in Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 12.110. This is referred to as a statute of limitations and means that a person must file a lawsuit within two years of the injury occurring, or they may lose the right to seek compensation.
There are some exceptions. For example, the statute of limitations can be extended in these circumstances:
If the injured person is under 18 years old, the two-year statute of limitations does not begin until their 18th birthday. This means that they have until their 20th birthday to file a lawsuit.
When the injured person is incapacitated or mentally incompetent at the time of the injury, the two-year statute of limitations may be extended.
If the defendant is a governmental entity, there are specific notice requirements and time limits that must be followed before filing a lawsuit.
Traveling or Delayed Claim
When you are traveling abroad and were not able to file a case, your statute of limitations can be extended. Additionally, if you belatedly discovered your injury, this can also create an extension based on your special circumstances.
Common Questions for Portland Personal Injury Lawyers
Here are some common questions and answers regarding personal injury cases:
What is a personal injury claim?
A personal injury claim is a legal dispute that arises when a person is injured as a result of someone else’s negligence or intentional act.
What types of personal injury cases are there?
Common types of personal injury cases include car accidents, slip and fall accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, and workplace accidents.
How is fault determined in a personal injury case?
Fault is determined by examining the facts of the case and identifying who was negligent in causing the injury.
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury cases?
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases varies by state but is typically two years in the state of Oregon. It can be extended in special circumstances.
How much compensation can I receive for my injuries?
The amount of compensation you can receive for your injuries depends on the severity of the injury. This also includes the extent of your medical expenses and lost income, as well as the level of pain and suffering you experienced.
Should I hire a personal injury attorney?
It is generally recommended to hire a personal injury attorney to help you navigate the legal process and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
How long does a personal injury case take to settle?
The length of time it takes to settle a personal injury case can vary depending on the complexity of the case and whether or not it goes to trial, but it typically takes several months to a few years to reach a settlement or verdict.
What if the other party does not have insurance?
If the other party does not have insurance, you may be able to pursue compensation through your own insurance company or a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party.
Why Work with a Portland Injury Lawyer?
If you are unsure whether you need an attorney, it is always a good idea to consult with one to discuss your case and determine if legal representation is necessary. You may know that you weren’t at fault but don’t know how to hold the other party accountable. Additionally, you may not have access to the evidence you need to prove that you are not at fault.
With your attorney’s help, they can obtain the evidence and hold the other party liable for your injuries. They can also make sure that you are fairly compensated. Our law firm works on a contingency-fee-basis, so you don’t have to pay us unless we recover compensation for you. For a free consultation, call Pro Accident Lawyers now.
Real People, Real Cases, Real Results
Read what people are saying about us: Testimonials
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win
Give Us a Call
Call and receive a Free Consultation where we’ll evaluate your specific situation.
Get Back to Living
Get the medical help and care you need to get back to living your life.