Truck Accident & Personal Injury Attorneys
Review My Case for Free
Best Law Firm & Attorney
We Are Committed To Getting The Best Results, As Quickly As Possible.
Years of experience
Truck Accident Attorney Portland
Unlike a car accident, a collision with a truck can cause catastrophic injuries. There is a higher rate of fatality when a truck crashes into you, which is why a Portland truck accident lawyer will take your case even more seriously. After you’ve taken time off from work, paid expensive medical bills, and recorded any emotional turmoil, it is time to speak to our law firm to find out how to get compensated for your damages.
After you’ve been wounded, speak to a Portland truck accident attorney to find out how to initiate your claim. Call Pro Accident Lawyers now to speak to a reputable attorney during a free consultation.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
A truck accident attorney can be a valuable asset to your case in several ways:
Truck accident lawyers have the resources and experience to investigate the accident and gather evidence, including reviewing police reports, interviewing witnesses, and examining the truck’s maintenance records.
Truck accidents are often complex and involve multiple parties, including the truck driver, trucking company, and manufacturer of the truck. A truck accident lawyer can help determine who is liable for the accident and hold them accountable.
Negotiating with Insurance Companies
Trucking companies and their insurance companies often have teams of lawyers who work to protect their interests. A truck accident lawyer can negotiate with these companies on your behalf to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
A truck accident lawyer can help ensure that you receive compensation for all of your losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and future damages.
If a fair settlement cannot be reached, a truck accident lawyer can represent you in court and fight for your rights in front of a judge and jury.
When Should You Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer After a Truck Crash?
It is generally a good idea to hire a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after a truck crash, particularly if you have suffered serious injuries. Here are some specific scenarios in which you should consider hiring a personal injury lawyer:
If you have suffered serious injuries in a truck crash, such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries, or traumatic brain injuries, it is important to have a personal injury lawyer on your side to ensure that you receive fair compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
If there is a dispute over who was at fault for the car crash, a personal injury lawyer can help gather evidence and build a case to establish liability and ensure that you are not held responsible for damages that you did not cause.
Harmful Insurance Company Tactics
Insurance companies are often more concerned with protecting their bottom line than with paying out fair settlements to injured parties. If you feel like the insurance company is not taking your claim seriously or is attempting to lowball your settlement, a personal injury lawyer can help level the playing field and fight for your rights.
Some truck accident cases are more complex than others, particularly those involving multiple vehicles, commercial trucks, or pedestrians. A personal injury lawyer can help navigate the legal complexities of these cases and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Causes of Truck Accidents
When truckers make mistakes, they put the lives of everyone nearby in danger. There are many causes of truck accidents, including:
Truck drivers can cause accidents by making mistakes such as aggressive driving, speeding, failing to obey traffic signals, or driving while fatigued.
Accidents can also be caused by mechanical problems with the truck, such as faulty brakes, steering or suspension systems, or defective tires.
If a truck is not properly maintained, it can break down or malfunction while on the road, leading to accidents.
Overloading and Improper Loading
Overloading a truck with too much cargo can cause it to become unstable and difficult to maneuver, which can lead to accidents.
If cargo is not loaded properly, it can shift during transport, causing the truck to become unbalanced and increasing the risk of an accident.
Adverse weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or fog, can make driving a truck more difficult and increase the risk of accidents.
Truck drivers who abuse alcohol or drugs can also be the cause of a traumatic truck accident.
When texting or sending emails, truck drivers are unable to pay attention to the road. They can miss obstacles or accidentally crash into other motorists.
What to Do If You Are Involved in a Truck Accident
If you are involved in a truck accident, here are some important steps to take:
- Call 911: Get an ambulance and the police to the scene of the crash by dialing 911. Police can file a report, and the first responders can take care of any injuries you or your passengers have.
- Seek Medical Attention: If you or anyone else is injured, seek medical attention immediately.
- Collect Evidence: Take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to vehicles, road conditions, and any other factors that may have contributed to the accident. Also, obtain contact and insurance information from the truck driver and any witnesses.
- Do Not Admit Fault: Do not admit fault or make any statements to the truck driver or insurance company before speaking to a truck accident lawyer.
- Notify Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurance company about the accident, but do not provide a recorded statement without first consulting with a lawyer.
- Contact a Truck Accident Lawyer: A truck accident lawyer can investigate the accident, gather evidence, and help you recover damages for your injuries and other losses.
Common Injuries in Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can result in serious and sometimes fatal injuries due to the size and weight of the vehicles involved. Here are some common injuries that can result from truck accidents:
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBI): TBIs can occur when the head is violently jolted, causing the brain to collide with the skull. TBIs can result in permanent brain damage, memory loss, and other long-term consequences.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: Spinal cord injuries can result in paralysis, loss of sensation, and other long-term complications.
- Broken Bones: The force of a truck accident can cause broken bones, including arms, legs, ribs, and other bones in the body.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries can occur when the body’s internal organs are damaged, such as in the case of a ruptured spleen or liver.
- Burns: Truck accidents can result in severe burns due to fires or explosions that can occur in the aftermath of an accident.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury in truck accidents and can result in neck pain, headaches, and other symptoms.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): PTSD is a psychological disorder that can result from a traumatic event, such as a truck accident.
FAQs of Truck Accidents
These are some commonly asked questions that victims often ask their attorneys about truck accident cases.
Who is liable for a truck accident?
Liability can depend on various factors, such as the cause of the accident, negligence of the parties involved, and the extent of damages.
What damages can I recover in a truck accident lawsuit?
Damages can include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related losses.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit after a truck accident?
The statute of limitations in Oregon for filing a personal injury lawsuit is two years from the date of the accident.
Can I still recover damages if I was partially at fault for the truck accident?
You may still be able to recover damages in proportion to the other party’s percentage of fault.
Should I speak to the trucking company’s insurance adjuster after a truck accident?
It is generally advised to consult with an experienced truck accident attorney before speaking to any insurance adjusters.
What evidence is important in a truck accident lawsuit?
Evidence such as police reports, eyewitness accounts, medical records, and photos or videos of the accident scene can be important in building a strong case.
How can a truck accident attorney help me?
A truck accident attorney can help investigate the accident, negotiate with insurance companies, and pursue legal action to help you get the compensation you deserve.
How long do I have to file a truck accident lawsuit?
The statute of limitations is typically two years unless there are qualifying situations that can extend your deadline.
When Should I Contact A Portland Attorney?
A skilled and experienced personal injury attorney can help guide you through the legal process and fight for your rights to fair compensation. Portland truck accident attorneys are standing by to assist you.
They’ll estimate how much in damages you are owed and fight to see you fully compensated. Even if you have common truck accident injuries that aren’t fatal, it is only fair that you receive a settlement when your truck crash wasn’t your fault. Speak to a Portland truck accident attorney today by calling Pro Accident Lawyers for a free consultation.
Real People, Real Cases, Real Results
Read what people are saying about us: Testimonials
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win
Give Us a Call
Call and receive a Free Consultation where we’ll evaluate your specific situation.
Get Back to Living
Get the medical help and care you need to get back to living your life.